Saturday, July 16, 2011

Wedding Season

Well, wedding season is in full swing for my family and friends, which has kept me on my toes in the card making department. This is usually when I run out of time and end up getting a store-bought card to send out, but I am determined not to do that this summer. So instead I thought I would try mass-producing some cards instead. I intended them to all be the same with just different colors, but it didn't quite work out that way. Here's what I came up with:

  I don't really have any wedding sets, so I had to improvise. The cakes were paper-pieced using Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake set. I just got this set and I think it is so cute! I know it is going to get a lot of use. The sentiment is from Sophie's Sentiments. The paper on the cakes is from scraps I had laying around, and the colors are PTI's Ocean Tides, Plum Pudding and Hawaiian Shores respectively. I tried to match the color schemes to the weddings color and or theme. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out. (Please forgive my lack of photography skills, I realize the colors are off and I can't take a straight picture for the life of me so everything looks crooked). Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment