Friday, July 22, 2011

Hanging Out

I just love the new Hanging Out stamp set by Papertrey Ink. I bought two baby sets last month so I tried to convince myself that I didn't need this one too, but it is just so darn cute. Lucky for me, lots of babies are due in the next few months, so I can make lots of cards to help work of the guilt. Here is my first attempt with this set:
I just got some Distressed Inks in the mail and have been dying to try them out. I got the tutorial on how to make clouds with the distressed ink at this website. I originally intended this to be a one layer card, but I made some mistakes and ended up needing to trim the edges off, so I just mounted it on a Sweet Blush base instead. I ended up stamping the grass for the base on top of itself a few times to fill in some gaps, and I like how it turned out. I used the Broken China Distressed Ink for the sky, Bundled Sage Distressed Ink for the grass, Hanging Out stamp set by PTI for the stamps and Pink Patterns patterned paper by PTI for the paper piecing.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Love the paper piecing of the clothes and the gorgeous sky background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Now, you are making me want this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Tamara! You're totally making me want this set!

    ReplyDelete