Friday, May 25, 2012

Papertrey May Blog Hop Challenge

This is my first month participating in the PTI blog hop, and I have gotta be honest - when I saw some of the submissions this morning, I almost chickened out and didn't post. However, I had already made my card and I decided it is now or never. Here is the inspiration photo:

I didn't have a lot of time to work on this project, so I kept mine pretty simple. Here is my card:


   I really love the colors for this challenge. I think I will try this color combo later, but try to take it in a more elegant direction like many of the other crafters did. I have so many ideas in my head after scrolling through some of the fabulous projects! I have really been missing out by not participating in the blog hops before. Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love your mix of patterns and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the colors for this blog hop are fabulous! I will definitely revisit them! Love your card - love the flower with the twine button center and the two black and white background papers together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I really like your felt flower and argyle pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this card, and I am glad you sent it in! I am trying to learn to mix patterns, and love how you did the 2 blacks with the ribbon to blend them together! Great job!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just joined as a follower, but don't know how to get my picture up there! haha

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love all the different elements especially the argyle pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Really awesome felt flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tamara your card is beautiful, I love your felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love the felt flower, matted sentiment and graphic background. Welcome to the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I love the paper you have used and the felt flower
    not only adds to the color but it also adds some nice texture!
    Thanks for sharing.

    (I am now a follower...come and check out my blog too anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty. Love the flower. The two pattern papers in the background complement each other well.

    ReplyDelete