Friday, May 11, 2012

Make it Monday # 65

This is my first attempt at a Make it Monday challenge. I have just been so stuck in a rut with crafting lately, so I decided to get out of my rut and actually participate rather than just watching the videos and stalking all the beautiful submissions. I had a really hard time with this challenge of using 5 different patterns. I just don't naturally have an eye for color and pattern combos. Here is my project (after lots of time spent pushing other scraps around...)


The colors aren't as vivid here as they are in real life, but all the papers came from a new pad I just got called Little Black Dress from Basic Grey. You can't see it well in the photo, but I aged the edges of the mat stack die cut with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I am a bit addicted to collecting patterned paper, and I think I will have to use this technique again sometime soon to actually use some of it instead of just hoarding it. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card! Your sophisticated color palette and clean, crisp embellishment work together perfectly! Great job and stop listening to that discouraging voice in your head. She's wrong about you. :) Aren't you glad you ventured into the challenge!

    ReplyDelete